Saturday, June 16, 2012

Us 2: CSI case file #24

Happy Saturday! This week we have an icy cold case file at CSI:Color, Stories, Inspiration, here it is:
The inspiration photo felt very wintery to me, so I scrapped some icy photos. From the evidence items I used: silver accents, crown, circles, glimmer, lace, sparkly things. From the testimony items: inspired by the word ‘cool’, journaling on three circles.
I used the Cargo Stencil Number dies that I used on yesterday’s card again, but for this layout I made my own stencil with them. Very easy! I placed the dies in my base plate just the way I wanted them, and then die-cut them from a transparency, leaving me with a homemade stencil. Because it is movers & shapers dies you can place them anywhere on your base plate. I made a mist with Iced Spruce reinker and Perfect Pearls and misted the layout repeatedly through the stencil. To prevent bleading, I sprayed the stencil with repositionable adhesive first. When the numbers were dry, I used a water-soluble grey graphite pencil to outline them for a 3D effect, again using my stencil as a template. I placed a darker shadow at the bottoms. Then it was blended with a paint brush and clean water.

The red stamping was done with Hero Arts Punch Chalk ink. The snowflakes were die-cut from grungeboard, painted pink and then coated with glitter. The silver lace is die-cut from cardstock covered with aluminium tape. Finally, I did some more stamping on the background, some circles, a tree and a heart. The journaling circles and the text strips were stamped with Versafine Smokey Gray and with the red chalk ink.

I die-cut a ‘2’ from a piece of mat board that had been covered with red washi tape and glued it right on top of one of the misted ‘2s’.

Thank you for looking! I hope you can play along with us this week!

Anna-Karin

Supplies: Hero Arts stamps: Plano ST518, Winter Pine K5256, Sketch Circle B4343, Please Note 331072, Be Happy CL606; Stamps of Life Minis4Circles; Sizzix Cargo Stencil Number set, Mini Snowflakes, Vintage Lace Sizzlits; Distress Ink: Iced Spruce, Iced Spruce reinker; Hero Arts Punch Chalk ink; Versafine Smokey Gray; Perfect Pearls; BasicGrey Basics patterned paper; Bazzill washi tape; grungeboard; American Crafts thickers; glitter.

1 comment:

  1. oh Anna Karin that layout is divine! I say that it looks icy...which is good, we're pretty hot here!!! Love the splash of red!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!