Saturday, January 19, 2013

CSI case file #55: Life's a picnic

Hello! We are continuing the birthday celebrations at CSI this whole month, and this week, we are scraplifting or being inspired by a layout from the very first case file. You can find the first case file here. This is this week's case file: 



I scraplifted my own layout for case file #1:

I was inspired by the design and by the tone-on-tone paint stamped background. I also used clear elements and twine. Here's my layout for this week:

From the evidence I used: spoon accent, leaves, flowers, and tone-on-tone pattern. From the testimony I was inspired by 'favourite' and also added a small stamped bird to my journal spot. The layout is about one of my son's favourite things to do, having a picnic, which has to include sitting on a blanked and eating a specific type of cheese.

I used one of my older Hero Arts stamps and stamped leaves all over the background paper with paint, aiming for imperfect impressions. More stamping was added on the background with Archival Ink Coffee, and I stamped some flower branches on the patterned paper used as a photo mat, as well as lots of sentiment stamp.

The spoon, knife and fork as well as the journal card comes from Karen Burniston's Sizzix Place Card & Silverware die and were die cut from mat board and quickly coloured with Distress Stains (Tumbled Glass, Brushed Pewter and Shabby Shutters). The Birds on a Wire were also cut with one of Karen's die, from woodgrain paper. The little bird was stamped on the journaling block and then the journaling was printed on a transparency, leaving space for the bird.

The little tag was stamped on a watercolour scrap and the acorn cut from an old patterned paper from KI Memories.

I always enjoy altering patterned paper with stamps, ink and paint, to make it more my own and to fit the layout better. The dragon fly has been in my stash for years and I was happy to use it. I found a perfect sentiment stamp for this page, 'life's a picnic' and used it as a title.

Thank you for the visit! It is a bit quiet here on the blog since I am visiting family at the moment. Enjoy your weekend!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Dies: Sizzix: Place Card & Silverware, Birds on a Wire
Stamps: Hero Arts/Basic Grey: Serenade Beautiful CL638, Lucille Be Silly CL635, Floral Wine Background CG442; Hero Arts/Studio Calico: My Happy ST508
Ink: Archival Ink Jet Black; Distress Ink Gathered Twigs
Stain: Distress Stain Brushed Pewter, Tumbled Glass, Shabby Shutters
Paint: Adirondack Aqua
Surfaces: Sizzix Little Sizzles white mat board; Prima, Heidi Swapp, BasicGrey and KI Memories patterned papers
Embellishments: Tim Holtz Idea-ology Word Band; MME transparent dragon fly


2 comments:

  1. Love your inky work. I scrap lifted from your case 1 layout too! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These layouts are gorgeous, Anna-Karin! I love how you used the Silverware & Place Card die on your picnic layout. I also love that you guys are all bundled up for your picnic - that's dedication! I love everything you create!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!