Thursday, May 16, 2013

Susan's Garden Birdhouse and Flowers tutorial

Hi everyone! Today I am sharing a fun tutorial on the Sizzix blog, using the brand new Susan's Garden dies by Susan Tierney-Cockburn. When I first saw them, I knew I would love these dies, since I like to make my own flowers. You can see the whole collection here.

Here's the finished project, a happy birdhouse surrounded by flowers. I was pretty happy with how it turned out. Susan's flower dies work great together with 3-D projects, which are one of my favourite things to make. I love to make houses, so picking the Rounded 3-D Birdhouse as a base for my project was easy. All the flowers were made from white paper and coloured with Distress Inks. The flowers look very intricate, but they are easy to make. The finished project is about 5.5 x 5.5 in. This is another long tutorial, because there are many details and techniques. You don't have to do the entire project, pick just one of the flowers for instance, or just make the birdhouse.

Susan has made great videos where she shows how to make each flower. If you are making a project for someone who loves a particular flower, you can make a flower that looks just like that, but on the other hand, the flowers don't have to look like the example flowers, you can make a large variety of both real and imagined flowers with these dies.

To see the tutorial, head over to the Sizzix blog.

Happy Crafting!!

Anna-Karin

8 comments:

  1. Such beautiful colours - I'm going to have to study up on how to make those lovely flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply gorgeous! I love the bird and the birdhouse, and the flowers, and just everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a delicious creation... I love that turquoisy texty roof contrasting with the fiery flowers... adorable!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome birdhouse, I love your color combo and the flowers !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love birdhouses and yours is gorgeous! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome birdhouse with terrific texture! Love all dimension you created with the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! This is amazing! Looks like a small little fairy will show up soon and take residence!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!