Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Blueprint Bauble Christmas

Merry Christmas to everyone!! I had forgotten to post one of my Christmas cards, so instead of waiting a whole year, I thought I would post it today.
 
I remembered about this card the other day when I posted eight cards made with Tim Holtz Blueprint stamps. I used this bauble stamp there too, but this card uses a different technique. You can use the blueprint stamps for paper piecing with great results. Here, I stamped it first on Ranger's Specialty Stamping Paper, and then again on text paper and on the back of the same paper used in the background. The Specialty Stamping paper was inked with Gathered Twigs and flicked with water droplets. I cut out and pieced together the bauble pieces from the other papers on top. The 'ornament' word was also cut from one of the patterned papers and placed inside a little die cut tab.

The heart was die cut from grungeboard and inked with Peacock Feathers and Victorian Velvet. It was coated with Rock Candy Distress glitter. When it was dry, I inked the edges with Gathered Twigs. I also die cut a little tag from a scrap piece of paper and placed a number cut from the background paper on top, together with a rub-on.

The flourishes were die cut from grungeboard and inked with Victorian Velvet and Peacock Feathers. Like the heart, they were also coated with Rock Candy glitter. The oval was leftover from another project and was painted with Victorian Velvet Distress Paint.

Thank you for stopping by! Have a wonderful Christmas!!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Surfaces: Tim Holtz Idea-ology: Collage Mini Paper Stash, Grungeboard; Ranger Specialty Stamping Paper
Stamps: Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz: Christmas Blueprint 2
Dies: Sizzix: Tiny Tabs & Tags, Mini Hearts, Botanical Flourish
Ink: Distress Ink: Peacock Feathers, Victorian Velvet, Gathered Twigs; Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black
Paint: Distress Paint Victorian Velvet
Glitter: Distress Glitter: Rock Candy
Embellishments: Tim Holtz Idea-ology: Christmas Time Remnant Rubs, Game Spinners, Long Fastener

2 comments:

  1. That is so beautiful Anna-Karin...I love the colours on the heart... I love his stuff... Merry Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card. Good thing you didn't wait a year to share it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!