Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Gesso Dry Embossing Tutorial

Hi everyone! Today I am sharing a step-by-step tutorial on the Sizzix blog, for a fun dry embossing technique.

I am always looking for new ways to use my embossing folders and this gesso technique is easy and gives great results. I also needed more Christmas cards, so I made seven different cards, mainly using Tim Holtz dies and embossing folders. The technique will work just as well for scrapbooking, tags, art journaling etc.
 
I am sharing two bonus cards here on my blog, because I didn't want to make the Sizzix post too long. I die cut the Pine Tree die from grungeboard, inked with Black Soot and covered with Pumice Stone Distress Glitter. There is also a snowflake and tissue tape border. These backgrounds turn out so nice that the cards don't need a lot of embellishments and you can do many cards quite fast.

The second card uses the last background I am sharing in the tutorial. Again, the bell and flower were die cut from grungeboard, which was inked with Antique Linen Distress Ink and coated with the same colour Distress Glitter.

To see the full tutorial, head over to the Sizzix blog.

Thank you for stopping by!

Anna-Karin

Additional supplies (full list on the Sizzix blog):
Dies: Sizzix: Pine Tree, Christmas Bells, Tiny Tabs & Tags, Mini Pine Tree & Holly, Holiday Wreath, Holly, Beaded & Snowflake Garland
Ink: Distress Ink: Antique Linen, Black Soot, Barn Door, Victorian Velvet
Glitter: Distress Glitter: Antique Linen, Black Soot
Embellishments: Tim Holtz Idea-ology: Label Letters, Seasonal Chit Chat Stickers, Crinkle Ribbon, Red & Cream Trimmings

15 comments:

  1. This looks like a great technique Anna-Karin, and the cards you've made are gorgeous. I also loved your cards in the January Craft Stamper Mag.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your work. These cards are so beautiful! Thank you so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool technique, and so simple!!!! Thanks for sharing,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look amazing, Anna-Karin - I'm off to check out how it's done!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just been over, stunning cards and a great technique, loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful Anna-Karin. Thank you for the tutorial. NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the look of your cards. awesome technique and so glad I subscribe to your page. You have great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really amazing! love all cards that you've done! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved this technique n your tutorial too ! The cards are amazing..specially the bg of each one :D !

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these... going to check out the tut now... I used your resist one with the wax crayon... linked back to you from my blog:) I need to make some cards...

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great technique! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Made cards using this technique today. So fun and turned out great. thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I still love these cards and this technique; I still hope to try it out myself. I can't believe I've waited this long.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!