Saturday, April 12, 2014

Breathe Watercolour Layout

Hello Saturday! I hope you will get some crafty time this weekend! Maybe make a layout for this week's CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration challenge. Darkroom Door is sponsoring CSI this month. Here's the case file:
 
 
My layout:
 
I clicked on the magnetic poetry inspiration link and had a really fun time making a little poem. Try it out, there are different categories. I did the nature one since I love being outdoors (and haven't been able to do that to the same extent recently because of knee issues). From the evidence I used: jewels, hearts and fabric. There is an oops in the title of this layout...I kept thinking there should be an 'e' at the end 'breathe', but forgot to add it.

I started with watercolour paper, and smeared modeling paste through a Prima bicycle stencil with a palette knife. When the paste was dry, I painted the background with yellow and orange watercolours, adding some teal splatters.

My little magnetic poetry journaling piece. I also found a sticker that fit really well, both with the colours and the sentiment.

The teal paper behind the photos was also painted with watercolours. When dry, I stamped it with trees from the Gum Trees and Trees sets, as well as with a new script texture stamp. The stamps were inked with Peacock Feathers and misted with water before stamping. Love these tree stamps.

The strip behind the teal panel was embossed in a woodgrain folder and I also added a strip of washi tape. The photos were layered on cheese cloth, for some added texture. I like the organic and free-flowing look of cheese cloth.

Thank you for looking! Enjoy your weekend!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Surfaces: Daler & Rowney Watercolour Paper
Stamps: Darkroom Door: Gum Trees, Trees, French Script Texture
Embossing folder: Sizzix: Bricked & Woodgrain
Ink: Distress Ink: Peacock Feathers
Paint: Daler & Rowney watercolours
Medium: Golden Artist Paint: Molding Paste
Stencil: Prima Bicycles 12 x 12
Embellishments: Kelly Purkey: Red Chevron Washi Tape; Bazzill sticker

6 comments:

  1. Masterful again. You have a talent for composition and color. And then, your stamping! Those trees are quite nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful layout Anna Karin - just beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this page! Beautiful colour and magical atmosphere of your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout Anna-Karin! I love how you used the trees in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the trees, too. The whole composition is, as always, terrific. The bicycle patterning is delightful, especially the way the color wanders through them. One small question: did you mean breath to be a verb? If so, it needs an "e" at the end. It's a charming poem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love this page Anna-Karin. Your background works is amazing, so simple but incredibly effective. Thank you for sharing your technique. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!