Monday, April 28, 2014

Joy Everyday Canvas Layout

Hello everyone! A big thank you to everyone who commented on my Frameworks Mosaic post after it was linked in Tim Holtz Springtime Blogworthy links. It is Monday and a new challenge is up at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog. I suggested doing a yellow challenge, because it is one of my favourite colours, such a happy spring colour.

I made a layout using mainly yellow, which just a few touches of white and black. With this amount of yellow, your project will always have a happy feeling. As a base, I used white sticky-back canvas, which gives a great textured feel to the layout and is fun to colour, stamp and stitch. It was coloured with watered-down Distress Paint (Mustard Seed and Scattered Straw). First I held the canvas under a tap, making it completely wet. This helps with getting a fluid watercolour look with the paint. Don't worry if it warps, it won't show once it is dry. To make the layout less flimsy, the canvas was adhered to cardstock.

I was going for a tone-on-tone effect and coloured a second piece of canvas using the same paints. From this piece, I die cut circles and a Picture Wheel. The circles were stitched to the layout. Then I stamped it with various Tim Holtz stamps and two yellow Archival Inks (Saffron and Chrome Yellow). I love the look of the yellow stamping on the canvas. The new Typography and Distress Damask sets will be used a lot by me, such great images. I found a piece of acetate that I had stamped with a script stamp in my scrap box and die cut some circles from that too, for an extra layer. The Alpha Part was painted white and coated with Glossy Accents. There was a Honeycomb Frameworks mirror piece on my desk and I adhered that to the layout too.

A Picture Wheel adds a playful feel to a project and it is fun to embellish. I stamped a compass in the centre and placed a piece of stamped vellum behind it, also adding two rub-on words. 'Joy' was die cut from white sticky-back canvas.

I love this star stamp, either stamp it as a full row, or you could stamp just a star here and there. The flower was stamped on Clearly For Art Modeling Film, heated and shaped. The film keeps its shape perfectly. I found this one in my scrap box too. The vellum piece under the photo was dry embossed.

Two hearts die cut from vellum, more stitching, stamping, a rub-on and an Alpha Part arrow.

Under the photo, I added a film strip ribbon, more rub-ons and some lace trim.

I hope you will join us in our yellow challenge this week! As every week, one random participant wins a $50 gift voucher from Simon Says Stamp and can do some shopping.

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

Thank you for the visit!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Surfaces: Ranger White Sticky-Back Canvas; Wendy Vecchi Clearly For Art Modeling Film; Tim Holtz Idea-ology Mirrored Sheet; Bazzill vellum
Dies: Sizzix: Picture Wheel, Sized Circles, Mini Hearts, Honeycomb Frameworks, Vintage Market XL
Embossing folder: Sizzix: Courtyard & Trellis
Stamps: Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz: Distress Damask, Typography, Mini Muse, Classics #9, Air Travel; Stampers Anonymous Wendy Vecchi: Forever Art, Metro Art
Ink: Archival Ink: Saffron, Chrome Yellow; Tsukineko Stazon: Cotton White, Platinum
Paint: Distress Paint: Mustard Seed, Scattered Straw, Picket Fence
Embellishments: Tim Holtz Idea-ology: Life Quotes Remnant Rubs, Framed Alpha Parts, Lavish Trim, Filmstrip Ribbon, Game Spinners, Long Fasteners

22 comments:

  1. so much detail and stamping goodness - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna-Karin, this is gorgeous! I love the color, the stamps, the design...everything! I will try a yellow page this week...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous layout. I love the yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a wonderful layout Anna Karin - this really is gorgeous - love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous mix of textures on your fantastic lovely layout. Love the canvas and that you die cut the pieces from it as well! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful layout! Love your stitching and those fabulous embellishments. The photo is sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your use of the picture wheel and film strip in this beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your layout is absolutely beautiful. Love all those yellow tones. The picture wheel and film strip are great embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anna-Karin...everything you do has such a unique touch and quality to it. I love your yellow layout. The picture wheel that seems to be melting into the background is lovely. That stitching on it is just one of the examples of little details that you always add to your work! Just beautiful! I also wanted to thank you for your sweet comments you left on my blog about my Words Mini Album that Tim recognized on his Blogworthy Links. I was thrilled. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful layout Anna-Karin! Such a sweet photo surrounded with so much fabulous details! Love all circles and stitching! Thanks for the challenge and fantastic inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous layout Anna-Karin , I adore the stitching and tone on tone. The clearly for art is a fabulous touch and the picture wheel us an inspired touch. The circles work so well in this design. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. that picture is so very joyful! and - you have complimented it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous, Anna-Karing! Such a great idea to make a layout onto canvas! Really sweet picture of you two! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty! I love the stitching. It's subtle, yet makes a great design element. And the happy color echoes the happy faces. Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing layout! The photo is beautiful and your project is so full of details that I have to watch it again and again to discover them all! I love the transparent hearts and how you used the Tim's picture wheel! Definitely every time I look at your work I understand that I have to learn so much!! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  16. As with all your work, the detail is just wonderful and there is so much to feast your eyes on and every element that you've used, compliments that beautiful and precious black and white photo so well!! It's just stunning Anna-Karin... :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous sunshine joy in this canvas - wonderful!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your LO! Yellow is so happy. It's perfect for the sweet photo.
    The canvas does add a great texture and I love those circles in different materials. I have the photo wheel but have been looking for some inspiration to use it in other ways. I will have to give your idea a try!
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful work. I always find something to get the mind going. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this layout. You have inspired me to give Yellow a try - It looks fab with the Black and white photos!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely gorgeous! Love all the stamping and layering... plus such a super photo. A great LO!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a treasure you have created! I always love to see how you celebrate the little moments in life through your artwork. This is really precious!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello monochromatic love!!! I ADORE the items you used on this layout, and what an amazing photo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!