Saturday, May 24, 2014

Memories Details Watercolour Layout

Hi and welcome to my blog! I hope you are all enjoying your weekend. There is a new CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration case file up:
 
I loved the look of the ombre background and did the same thing in watercolours.
 
I used a childhood photo of myself and journaled about seven specific details I can spot in the photo: my grandparents' dog, and details about the various toys, one of which is an icecubebox, which I remember being a real fun toy. It is fun to see how many details you can discover and suddenly remember in old photos. From the evidence I used: watercolours, glitter, ombre, flowers, brads, stamps and rub-ons. For the background, the watercolours were mixed into the four colours and then washed onto the page, starting with the light yellow.

When the background was dry, I stamped it with these pretty Darkroom Door flower stamps, which looked like the flowers in the inspiration image. They were stamped with Archival Inks (Plum and Pale Ochre), aiming for a tone-on-tone effect. More flowers were stamped on white cardstock with Plum and light pink inks, cut out, shaped and layered into flowers. I also added a little bit of Stickles to them.
 
Directly underneath the photo is Darkroom Door's Emulsion Frame, white embossed on black patterned paper. I added more layers of Prima papers under the photo, and also printed the journaling on a tag die cut from the same papers. The little tab die comes from a new Life Made Simple Basics Sizzix set.
 
Under the photo, there is a pretty ribbon I found in my stash, the title and and a border die cut with Stephanie Barnard's Borders set.

Finally, I added two little rub-ons and decided that the page was done, with a for me unusual amount of white space.
 
Thank you for looking!! I hope you will play along with us! CSI is such a wonderful challenge.
 
Happy scrapping!
 
Anna-Karin
 
Supplies:
Surfaces: Daler & Rowney watercolour paper; Prima: Cartographer A4 pad, Finnabair Vintage Vanity A4 pad
Stamps: Darkroom Door: Full Bloom Vol. 2Art de Fleur Vol. 1, Emulsion Frame
Ink: Ranger Archival Ink: Plum, Pale Ochre; Distress Ink: Spun Sugar, Dusty Concord; Memento: Angel Pink
Paint: Daler & Rowney watercolours
Glitter: Ranger Stickles: Mercury Glass
Embossing powder: Ranger Seafoam White
Embellishments: Tim Holtz Idea-ology: Words Remnant Rubs, Life Quotes Remnant Rubs; Prima Letter Stickers; Making Memories brads

4 comments:

  1. the watercolours look amazing Anna Karin - beautiful layout xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna-Karin this is just beautiful. That background is just stunning. Such a cute photo of you too. I wish I has some childhood pics of myself. Love your take on the case files.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!